This kale slaw recipe has been altered from the original recipe, “Asian Kale Salad With Creamy Ginger Peanut Dressing,” by Jennifer Segal. I did use peanut butter that doesn’t have oil added. To eliminate the fat from the peanut butter I am sure you could use pb2.
For the Salad
- 4 cups curly kale thick stems removed and make sure kale is dry
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded radish
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
For the Dressing
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar ( I have used regular vinegar too)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp light agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 large clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 inch square piece of fresh ginger peel and roughly chop ( I have used 1 tsp of ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- preheat the oven to 350. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- bake the almonds until lightly golden brown about 5-10 minutes. Keep a close eye on them or they will burn.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in the food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy. If you think the dressing is too thick slowly add a little water till you get your desired consistency.
- pour dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately!
- Note: If you are not eating the slaw right away leave the dressing and almonds off. When are ready to eat add the dressing and almonds.