I was in search for veggie burger without oil but was having a hard time. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com, “Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burger.” the recipe is by LAURENMU. I made adjustments so it was vegan friendly. If you like a little spice I would suggest you add a little Sriracha. These black bean burgers do not disappoint!
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 16 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion cut into wedges
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 unit egg replacer equivalent of one egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thai chili sauce can substitute with sriracha
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs can substitute ground oatmeal
- parchment paper
- 2 mixing bowls
- food processor
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg replacer, chili powder, cumin, and sriracha. Add to mashed beans.
- Mix in bread crumbs (or oatmeal)
- Form into 6 patties, place patties on parchment paper
- Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes on each side