The original recipe is “Corn Fritters Fat Free,” by Vaishali in “Holy Cow! vegan recipes.” I serve it with salsa or sriracha ketchup.I had to modify the recipe for a little more spice but the recipe is amazing just the way it is.
Servings 12 fritters
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup mild green chilies (from a can)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup corn meal (substitute ground oatmeal for cornmeal)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- lawry's season salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients, adding the water slowly until you have a batter that is wet but firm enough that you can form patties in your hands.
- Heat a non-stick skillet
- Scoop out the batter and form a patty and place it in your non stick skillet.
- Cook each side of the corn fritter until golden brown and serve hot.