Ultimate Vegan Lasagna
Easy and delicious vegan lasagna!
- 2 packages firm tofu drained
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 8 oz package vegan cream cheese
- 1 10 oz bag fresh spinach optional
- 3 24 oz jars spaghetti sauce
- 12-16 lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bag meatless meatballs
- 1 cup vegan shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Boil the lasagna noodles as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add meatless meatballs, and use a wooden spoon to break them apart into a crumbled texture until gently browned.
- To make the filling, add the tofu, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and vegan cream cheese to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you are opting to add the spinach, chop it separately and fold it into the filling mixture.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with spaghetti sauce. Make a noodle layer with 1/3 of your noodles (4-5 noodles).
- Add half the filling, then add a thin layer of sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, then the remaining filling.
- Spread the crumbled sausage over the top of the filling, then add another layer of sauce to cover the sausage.
- Add the final layer of noodles, and generously cover with sauce. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Cover with foil an bake for 30 minutes. Tip: to keep the foil from sticking to the cheese, insert about 6 toothpicks into the lasagna to prevent the foil from touching the cheese.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes more. Sometimes I switch to the "broil" setting for just a few minutes to get the cheese to brown a little. Make sure you keep a close eye on it if you do this, as it can burn quickly!
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. If you dig in too soon, your pieces will fall apart, but will still be delicious!